Ecology Ottawa is a volunteer-driven, non-profit organization working to make Ottawa the green capital of Canada
EnviroCentre provides people, communities and organizations with practical solutions to lighten their environmental impact in lasting ways.
Earthub works towards a sustainable future. They donate various products to organizations and initiatives around Ottawa—and internationally!
- prescription pill bottles, cleaned with label and residue removed — to a disaster relief organization to use as medical supplies (International)
- mascara wands, wand part only — to a wildlife refuge to use as brushes (International)
- aluminum pop cans — to raise funds for Empties 4 Paws (Ottawa)
- 4L milk bags, external bag only — to DND’s workplace campaign to support the Royal Canadian Legion for the #LeavetheStreetsBehind Operation, making sleeping mats from milk bags for homeless veterans (Ottawa)
- egg cartons — to food banks (Ottawa)
- broken or single use crayons — melted down, used in #OperationChristmasChild shoeboxes — in addition to empty lip balm tubes and glue stick tubes for ‘push up crayons’
- plastic drink pouches — to “Eco West Enders” of Stittsville (Ottawa)
- and more
Green Ottawa offers a gateway to a green, sustainable Ottawa with a sustainable business directory.
Green Living Ottawa is a solutions-focused blog dedicated to environmental living in Ottawa
Canadian Organic Growers – Growing Up Organic is a garden- and farm-based educational program for children and youth, delivered by COG OSO in the City of Ottawa. GUO partners with schools to support the establishment of school garden programs as the basis for experiential education at all grade levels.
Sustainable Enterprise Alliance is a network of local businesses, organizations and community leaders in Canada’s National Capital region. SEA supports and encourages working toward sustainable business practices and supporting local.